The Director of Behavioral Health is a Registered Nurse who assumes 24 hour administrative responsibility for the management of all Behavioral Health Program functions. Supervises, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care. Develops and implements programmatic plans, including performance improvement activities and compliance with current regulations. Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the Behavioral Health program(s) and effectively utilizes employee resources, time responsibilities for the unit and is directly accountable to the CNO/ Administrator. Communicates with staff, physicians and administration both written and verbally. Develops and administers comprehensive Behavioral Health Programing that responds to the patient demographic needs and support the organization’s overall mission, philosophy, and goals. Integrates the Behavioral Health Services’ into the continuum of care, as appropriate to the facility needs; provides leadership, direction and clinical supervision in accordance with the organizational and departmental goals and objectives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Must have a current and valid NJ Registered Nurse Licensure.
2. Director of psychiatric services has a master's degree (preferred) in psychiatric or mental health nursing
3. Must have a minimum of have a Bachelor’s degree, with at least 2 years’ experience in psychiatric nursing providing care to the mentally ill, or be qualified by education and experience in the care of the mentally ill, in accordance with local and state regulatory requirements.
4. Must have minimum of two (2) years management experience with Behavioral Health Care programs.
5. Must have BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
6. Assaultive Behavior Management within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
7. Must have working knowledge of mental health laws and practice standards.
8. Must have knowledge of the continuum of care for behavioral health treatment.
9. Must have excellent verbal, written, and management skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Psychiatric And Mental Health Nursing
Mental Health Nursing