Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and administration of major contracts
• Assists with analysis of estimates of service, material, equipment, and production costs for contracts and projects
• Works closely with senior staff to structure contractual terms to company and business unit strategies
• Monitors company performance requirements ensuring contracts are in conformance to original proposal, and in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations
• Initiates documentation to authorize and direct work in accordance with contractual specifications
• Prepares and disseminates information throughout the company regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination
• Prepares special reports and analyses as required
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent and the application of concepts, practices and methods from business administration, finance, or engineering. One (1) year of government contract administration or equivalent experience is preferred
• Active learner regarding FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations), legal and contractual terminology is necessary to succeed in this position
• In relation to other jobs in the same function, this job requires a beginner level of proficiency to work on assignments of standard difficulty
• The primary or most necessary skills required for this job are analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills. Other important skills include computer literacy, oral and written communication skills, and administration skills, as well as the ability to maintain accurate and detail records
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills - critical
• Ability to meet critical timelines and/or deadline responsiveness - critical
• Well organized and pays attention to detail - critical
• Understanding of Government practices, methods, behavior -- critical
• Proficient in Excel - important
• Experience with using database tools -- important
• FAR/DFAR knowledge - important
• Experience with CPFF, FFP, T&M type contracts - important
• Pricing experience -- less important
• Negotiation savvy -- less important
THIS POSITION DOES NOT REQUIRE AN ACTIVE DoD CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled