To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Herndon, VA
Posted 13 days ago
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Herndon, VA
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send updated resume and best telephone number to reach you to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Project Coordinator – Fed/Natl is a key position in the Strategic Government Program Management Organization. The Project Coordinator – Fed/Natl will be responsible for assisting the DoD Program Management Organization with managing cross functional teams in the planning and execution of all Government telecom projects. The position requires broad subject matter expertise of all functional activities required to successfully implement and support those projects to include: proposal support, project scheduling (MS Project), operational support systems, ordering, inventory, transition/implementation performance reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and training, customer care, operations, program management plans, change management plans, resource plans, quality assurance plans and risk management plans. The Project Coordinator – Fed/Natl reports directly to the Manager – Federal Programs.
Specific duties include:
- Assist Program Managers in preparing for project calls and gathering project documentation
- Update project documentation (scope, charter, project plans, action logs, lessons learned, etc.)
- Gather and prepare status reports for Program Managers, Management and Executives
- Drive forward progress of projects by following up on action items and obtaining updates
- Schedule and facilitate conference and project calls as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of Federal Telecommunications Program Management and customer liaison experience a must
- Experience in the transition, implementation, management and execution of large scale Federal Government Contracts
- Foundational knowledge of project management practices and methodologies
- Ability to deliver accurate and succinct communications
- Ability to quickly learn project landscape and identify gaps, risks, and issues
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities, set direction and solve problems in a fast pace environment
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven ability to influence others and build trusting relationships
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Education Minimum: BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience: At least 3 to 5 years of experience.
- 3-5 years of Federal Data Services Transition and Implementation Program Management
- Solid understanding of Data Services and Wi-Fi installation activities
- PMP/PMI certification is highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task, stressful environment
- Ability to manage process/procedural changes - thorough understanding of Federal Government contracts
- Ability to create and matrix-manage various functional teams
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178