Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter@AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
This Government Accounts Executive (GAE) position will be responsible for the development, growth and maintenance of sales and relationships withing federal government accounts. This role will support the field sales teams and act as the subject matter expert for all government acquisitions, procedures and contracting requirements. The GAE is accountable for the success in identifying and managing strategic customer relationships, including both retention of base-business and further penetration of the complete ARDx portfolio.
- Selling, including cross-divisional initiatives and customer base development
- Implementing strategy, scope, process and programs which drive sales in key accounts that lead to meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Providing significant and positive impact to short-term, mid-range and long-term organizational goals
- Working to ensure optimal account territory management, customer care and efficient implementations/training
- Facilitate conference calls and interactions to improve processes between Abbott and the government
- Strategize with Sales, Marketing, and National Accounts to help win larger deals that involve their key stakeholders
- Effectively handle day to day questions or scenarios that involve Abbott Shared Service Center such as pricing requests or questions, drop ship requests, quality / regulatory issues, stocking levels, backorders, etc.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- BA/BS in sales, marketing, business management or related coursework. Additional training in medical product sales and the diagnostics industry.
- Hands on processing of federal acquisition documents.
- Form 6550 Network connected devices
- Form 1449 Solicitation/Contract
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the government and to grow Abbott revenue and market share:
- Establish rapport and relationships within the distribution channel with key government decision makers and influencers in the military uniform service, civil servants, etc. and align with Abbott counterparts
- Ability to schedule and perform routine executive-level business reviews that may include the C-suite from Abbott and the government partner C-suite equivalent
- Monitor sales purchase information and sales tracings to spot trends in the business to include product growth, lost business, or gray market activity
- Ability to get unfair mindshare and focus within key government accounts
- Ability to articulate the value of selling within the government channels to Abbott sales reps and managers
- Ability to collaborate within Abbott Sales, Marketing, Legal, Operations and Finance to design initiatives and programs that drive results for Abbott.
- Review contractual agreements and negotiate extensions or modifications that best serve Abbott’s short-term and long-term interests
- Ability to stay organized, drive collaboration, and trouble-shoot complex scenarios that involve multiple stakeholders
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Government Accounts Executive or contact your HR Partner to let us know the nature of your request.