To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Fargo, ND
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of NPD Quality
Doosan Bobcat NA • West Fargo, ND
Posted 25 days ago
Build Your Future with Bobcat and Doosan! We want people with...BIG goals, BOLD dreams and an INNOVATIVE spirit!
The Director of NPD Quality is responsible for defining and driving prevention activities that ensure quality is built into new products and processes, improving quality system capabilities and effectiveness across all sites, and identifying and driving improvements that span products and processes, and sites. This includes quality planning and execution on NPD projects, quality systems development, quality data mining and analytics, control plan development, metrology, and leading the North America Executive Quality Council. This involves continuous collaboration with the Director of Site Quality on priorities and resources, and collaborating with other cross-functional leads in product planning, engineering, operations, sourcing, and the channel to prioritize projects and implement solutions.
Role & Responsibility
- Develop the long-range plan and the NPD quality roadmap and implementation plan for the region. Continuously monitor customer, supplier, product, and industry technology trends such as Industry 4.0 and connected factory, identifying innovative opportunities that will improve quality.
- Lead and manage North America Executive Quality Council process identifying top project opportunities, initiating projects, driving accountability, and monitoring effectiveness.
- Participate in Quality Board and monitor region level metrics and KPIs.
NPD Quality Plans
- Lead Quality team members to ensure active participation in the project definition, planning, and development phases following through to implementation for new products and processes.
- This will include defining the quality plans and working with the teams to execute elements of the plan including warranty assessments, defining quality goals, component classification, FMEA plans, technical contributions in design and process reviews, component measurements, capability assessments, control plan development, and active participation in prototype and pilot builds.
- Update the NPD Quality checklist items adapting to changing requirements and expectations that continue to improve the quality metrics pertaining to products and process.
Quality Systems Development
- Continuously monitor and drive improvements to quality systems architecture and tools that save people time to monitor status, and to identify and quantify issues, impacts of changes, and effectiveness of improvements. Some of these systems include OBIEE Quality Portal, Quality SharePoint Site, APRISO, Hertzler, and interaction with other systems.
Quality Data Mining and Analytics
- Active review of information leveraging data from multiple sources to identify, prioritize and quantify quality improvement opportunities.
Quality Capability Development
- In alignment with the quality strategy, develop implementation plans, complete measurement systems analyses, procure measurement equipment, and implement process monitoring and controls capabilities that improve visibility to the health of our process, compliance to specifications, traceability, and accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of Bobcat products and production processes
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Expertise in Lean Six Sigma; Black Belt certification or commitment to earn the certification
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems and processes
- Exceptional problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Thorough understanding of the key North America AOP and LRP goals and objectives
- Demonstrated business acumen and thorough understanding of key business processes including SIOP, NPD, and Regional Governance Practices
- Intimate knowledge of the Market, Dealer Network, and Customers in Compact Equipment business
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams and successfully drive change initiatives
- Demonstrated strong strategy/planning and communication skills, and process-driven mindset
- Demonstrated ability to execute/deliver results
- 10+ years’ experience
- 25 - 60% travel
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.