Job Title: Superintendent Direct PlacementSummary
Provide overall coordination of designated project(s) to ensure that project(s) are delivered within budget and schedule while building and maintaining a lasting relationship with clients, design team professionals, and subcontractors.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Construction Knowledge
- Working understanding of HVAC and electrical systems.
- Working understanding of DDC building automation systems.
- Has relevant certifications for work being performed.
- Understands or is certified to comply with storm water management laws and regulations.
- Understands the operation and function of complex MEP system.
- Ensures proper field engineering on project.
- Reviews and ensures that work is being done by subcontractors per Construction documents, Subcontract, and industry standards.
- Reviews shop drawings for scope and constructability.
- Solves scope of work problems with subcontractors in conjunction with project management
- Solid knowledge of all project drawings specification (including RFIs and submittals), and ensures compliance of all work with the contract documents.
- Monitors daily subcontractor activities for reasonableness and compliance.
- Solid knowledge of construction needed for the project.
- Provide technical assistance to the team and subcontractors.
- Develops and executes the plan for punch list completion; monitors and coordinates all work to accomplish and the required inspection process to document completion.
- Can resolve scope of work issues on the project, including with and between subcontractors
- Can effectively work with subcontractors to assists them in their trade of work.
- Develops creative solutions for construction methods and sequences to resolve field problems.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of all contract documents including owner contract, correspondence, and other related material.
- Ensures occupancy and inspection processes are completed as necessary.
Risk Management & Problem Solving
- Arranges for site office/project utilities (water, sewer, power, telephones, etc.).
- Develops and administers the job logistics planning.
- Understands permits required and occupancy process.
- Works with senior superintendent to obtain necessary project permits; obtains and ensures all permits are in place.
- Coordinates and administers punch lists of project.
- Establishes all inspection authorities and requirements for each.
- Ensures project site logistics and temporary facilities plan is followed.
- Understands the procedures, processes, and requirements for project types of insurance and bonding.
- Demonstrates ability to come up with creative solutions for project challenges.
- Works within the extra work process as defined on the project for time tickets, extra work orders, and change orders.
- Able to resolve issues and disputes between subcontractors regarding scope of work differences or scheduling that impact project time or money.
- Assists project manager with buyout scope and interviewing of subcontractors.
- Works with project manager to resolve any issues of cost for extra work, time tickets, or change orders.
- Assists project managers in presenting pricing changes to architect/owner/Client.
- Assists project manager in the development of the project buyout plan; helps ensure proper subcontractor selection.
- Performs a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk, document, and issue RFIs as required.
- Estimates impact of change orders on general conditions.
- Able to mitigate or circumvent issues on the job that could impact time or money, and can lead subcontractors to resolution with win-win results.
- Assists project manager in development of project buyout plan; helps ensure proper contractor selection.
- Knowledge of the budget for general conditions and direct material/labor.
- Assists the project manager in the development, management, and communication of budget for general conditions and direct material/labor.
- Assists project manager with monthly pay application process.
- Ensures and verifies daily documentation of field work orders/changes.
- Reviews code, approves subcontractor and vendor invoices, and pays applications.
- Participates with project management in the issuance and accuracy of monthly progress reports.
- Manages and controls project costs within the assigned budget including general conditions in coordination with project management.
- Monitors weekly labor costs against budget and reviews with project management as required.
- Monitors equipment rentals, tools, and expendables per control logs and monitors those costs, reviewing with project management against budget as needed.
- Ability to provide cost estimate for simple logistic work.
- Can prepare bid list and contact bidders for small purchases.
- Can prepare reasonable estimate of hourly staff needed.
Education / Certification Related education and/or experience
- Maintains existing Client contacts on a regular basis; works to develop new customer contacts.
- Assists marketing with project information for future pursuits and awards.
- Conducts and presents self in professional manner at all times.
- Participates in project presentations when requested.
- Takes speech works training.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software.
- Maintains accurate archives of project documents and correspondence; archives readily accessible and searchable.
- 1st Aid/CPR; OSHA course completion card
- Recommended Work Experience 5 to 20 years
- Recommended Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office and scheduling software; Knowledge of industry trends and innovations; Highly skilled in communication, public relations, organization, teamwork, accuracy, attention to detail, time management, craft knowledge, interpretation of contract documents, management of others, layout, conflict resolution, and assistance of others.
Prolonged standing, sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching (with arms and hands), handling, talking, hearing, depth perception, lifting, strength, vision (close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus), and lifting/moving up to 100 poundsPerformance Measurements
• Annual Performance Review • Regular Project Updates • Monthly Job Cost Reporting • Internal and External Client/Customer Feedback • Possible peer and/or 360 degree survey