For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
We’re seeking a flexible self-starter with an investigative nature to fill the position of Project Manager with the UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits Underwriting. You will enjoy opportunity for growth, along with exposure to many areas of the company.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Be able to lead cross functional teams without direct report
- Work closely with the Specialty Underwriting teams, other functional areas, leadership, and others to understand, and drive end to end solutions to deliver continual operational, systems and reporting efficiencies
- Leading the creation of formal problem statements, root cause analysis, and push issue owners to implement long term solutions
- Utilize your sound communication, data trending and analysis skills, facilitate collaborative sessions, gather requirements as necessary, oversee data discovery and enhancements needed to meet requirements and present findings, status, and resolutions to multiple levels of stakeholders and leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Life / Disability / Supplemental Health or Dental / Vision Industry
- 3+ years of experience in project management or similar experience
- Experience developing and presenting within PowerPoint
- Partner and collaborate with other functional areas within the organization
- Proficiency with MS Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas, etc.)
- Proficiency in tracking, trending, and reporting on metrics
- Forward thinking
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Project management certificate or Agile training
- Life / Disability / Supplemental Health or Dental / Vision Underwriting, or Industry related experience
- Experience supporting IT projects, including developing requirements, writing user stories and testing
- Experience with Visio, OneNote, SQL, Power BI, Microsoft Access all
- Proven Collaborative skills
- Analytical and Organizational skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Project Manager, PM, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, South Portland, Maine, ME