Performs a wide variety of construction and maintenance work on roads, various grounds, and facilities on an assigned shift. Performs a variety of tasks including cutting right of ways, patching holes in roads and highways, digging ditches and drains, cleaning pipes and other associated duties. Work is under the general direction of the Streets Supervisor and/or Team Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Digs trenches, ditches, foundations, holes, etc
• Cleans and clears culverts, ditches, swales, storm drains, and canals
• Operates light, and heavy equipment in connection with the transportation of sand, stone, gravel, asphalt, concrete and supplies
• Operates a tractor with mower attachments, cutting grass and weeds on right of ways, shoulders, medians, ground, and within parks
• Operates a light truck in transporting crew members, tools, equipment and supplies to and from work site
• Performs a variety of tasks including cutting right of ways, patching holes in roads and highways, digging ditches and drains, cleaning pipes and other associated duties
• Performs other duties as required
• Transports equipment to and from various work locations.
• Follows safety according to MUTCD regulations
• Operates a zero-turn mower, skid loader, backhoe, excavators, motor graders, heavy loaders, and tractors.
• May grease, adjust, and make emergency repairs to equipment.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens, and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist, and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to operate equipment, have vision sufficient to operate equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height including items that are bulky or awkward, climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance; carry a 50-pound toolbox; ascend and descend stairs; use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts; work in confined places; wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
• One year of experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment
• Possess valid Class A CDL license
• Possess state required equipment operator license
• One year of experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment used in public works
• Knowledge of work hazards, safety procedures, and traffic laws relating to equipment operation
• Knowledge of the functions, operating methods and care required in the operation of heavy construction equipment used in public works projects
• Skilled in the operation and care of heavy-duty construction equipment
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Installation Work
- Heavy Equipment