Holly Energy Partners located in Artesia, NM is seeking a Manager, GIS and Data Management Systems. The Manager, GIS and Data Management Systems oversees multiple aspects and activities of Holly Energy Partners Data Management and Global Information System (GIS) systems for pipelines Terminals and Tank assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Manages staff and activities associated with Data management which includes development and maintenance of a Global Information Systems (GIS) for all of Holly Energy Partners assets
- Provides technical support in the areas of Pipeline Integrity, Engineering and Project Management
- Assists in analyzing and integrating new assets into the Company's Data Management Systems
- Develops and implements procedures required to meet State requirements with regards to assets records
- Manages and administers asset records in compliance with all federal and state pipeline regulations
- Creates and enforces policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, accuracy and legitmacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders, etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades, etc.)
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of six years related on-the-job management or supervisory experience. A total of 10 years of related experience is required. Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, reporting, distribution, etc.). Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies (SQL, ESRI, FME, etc.)
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a computer science, science or engineering related field, is required.
Must be able to lead and direct the work of other associates. A significant amount of experience in the energy industry is preferred. Background in pipeline engineering and operations helpful. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, etc.); strong interpersonal, time-management, organizational, project planning and management skills; demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication. Advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
Responsible for the supervision of approximately two employees.
Office based with up to 20% travel by land and air required. Subject to all weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, and reaching or grasping. Job conditions may require standing, walking, lifting and/or carrying up to 40lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 55lbs, climbing up to 40ft, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance required, perceiving color differences, and wearing personal protective equipment (beards not permitted).
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
Holly Energy Partners, L.P., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries. The Partnership, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, owns and/or operates petroleum product and crude gathering pipelines, tankage and terminals in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Washington, Idaho, Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming and Kansas as well as refinery processing units in Kansas and Utah.
Join Holly Energy Partners where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.