As a member of the Seafood team, your primary responsibility will be providing exemplary customer service by greeting guests in the department and ensuring they have the freshest products available. Our Team members help our guests locate the products they are looking for, answer questions, and make suggestions. You will also maintain display cases to ensure customer needs are met and build customer loyalty by providing unparalleled customer service. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Seafood team members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team
- member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the seafood cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining seafood cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Assist in other areas as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Greet Guests