Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking an Environmental Engineer for one of our top clients near Shreveport, LA. This company is a consistent leader in its field and is highly respected for its high-quality goods and scope of products and services. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity and all candidates that meet the requirements below are encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for promoting and maintaining plant-level environmental compliance and environmental stewardship at company manufacturing facilities. The Sr. Environmental Engineer’s responsibilities include developing a deep knowledge of plant processes and permits, recommending and driving permitting efforts, interaction with regulatory agencies (LDEQ, LDAF, LDH, EPA, DOT, LSP), conducting accurate emission, waste, and release record-keeping and reporting, regulatory compliance, overseeing plant environmental activities, and managing external resources, such as consultants, as necessary. This role is also a key contributor to the overall environmental strategy for the company and works closely with the environmental and technical services team in developing and refining strategies and converting strategy into tactical action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has detailed and informed knowledge of the plant processes and permits, is the go-to person on site for environmental issues.
- Recommends to management and obtains all permits and approvals necessary to build and operate manufacturing plants, including modifications to permits as necessary.
- Ensures that all environmental recordkeeping, monitoring and reporting requirements for the plant are accurate, complete and timely, primarily through directly conducting the work but also coordinating with operations personnel or regulatory consultants. Media knowledge includes air, water and solid waste.
- Keeps informed about changes in laws and regulations and informs management about their impact. Ensures that all environmental legal requirements are met or exceeded and develops environmental policies as needed. Advises management and staff on the practical and necessary steps to assure processes and equipment meet the standards set forth by the law and minimize risks to fellow employees, the public and the environment.
- Works with regulatory agencies and (where necessary) outside specialists to assure continual compliance of the manufacturing facilities with all applicable laws, including coordination of regulatory inspections and notifications.
- Functions as the lead operator of the sanitary wastewater treatment system.
- Performs timely investigation of incidents, identification of root cause and rapid correction of contributing factors with documented closure.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization and maintains a strong presence in the production areas to create and uphold a positive safety and environmental work environment.
- Reviews environmental trends and takes direct action to effectively drive continual improvement projects.
- Demonstrates and leads an attitude of positive environmental stewardship among peers, management and the public.
- Provides support in auditing of environmental activities and the management of waste materials.
- Functions as a system administrator for the environmental, health, and safety management information system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, environmental science, or closely related field such as biology, ecology, or chemistry; REQUIRED.
- Master’s degree and/or Professional Engineering license a plus.
- 7 or more years’ experience in an environmental engineering role, including responsibility for plant permitting and compliance such as Title V, NPDES, and Solid Waste REQUIRED.
- Strong working knowledge of environmental regulations, safe operating practices in a manufacturing environment and enforcement of procedures and policies.
- Certified as a Class 1 Wastewater Collections and Class 1 Wastewater Treatment Operator (or able to obtain certification within 1 year of employment)
- Experience in performing audits
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, please apply for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect
with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply