3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Shift Lead position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will effectively maintain shift operations according to established policies and procedures. Additionally, you will…
- Supervise the daily work activity of all shift personnel.
- Lead work teams through positive interactions, motivation and corrective action as needed.
- Train, or arrange training of, shift personnel to ensure consistent methods and results.
- Actively model and enforce established safety policies and consistently seek opportunities for safety improvements- Manage the use of equipment and materials to ensure that products are manufactured on schedule and within quality and cost objectives.
- Anticipate and pursue product flow in a proactive manner displaying a sense of urgency to meet daily demands- Maintain a clean, orderly production environment that is thoroughly cleaned for the following shift.
- Oversee and perform all duties and tasks of an industrial painter including, but not limited to fabrication, blasting product, basic maintenance, applying paint, packaging and shipping.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
What it takes
- 2-4 years of leadership experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of all varieties of machines and fabrication.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read micrometers, flatness and radius gauges and tape measures.
- Overhead crane and/or forklift experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- 3 years-experience in a leadership role in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Powder Coat/Weld experience is a plus.
- NACE Certified is a plus.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
All of the working conditions for this position is in a manufacturing shop environment with exposure to dirt, grease, fumes, cold, heat, noise, dust. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic and safety safeguards such as hearing protection and respirator & paint equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large containers for paint and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email Email blocked - click to apply.