To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
580 Westvaco Road
Green River, WY 82935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Genesis Alkali LLC • Green River, WY
Posted 30 days ago
Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
- Demonstrate Safety as the number one priority
- Drive HRP and SORRY in their organization
- Ensure safe plant operations and product quality
- Foster crew participation and ownership of results
- Take accountability for team's performance and metrics through interval measures
- Engage crew members to instill a sense of urgency and consistently manage performance
- Confront and manage conflict directly and effectively
- Understand individual team memevers' strength's and needs
- Pro-actively seek coaching opportunities to develop the team, problem-solving capabilities and facilitate team problem-solving activities
- Ensure close communications and coordination of team activities with other site functions and departments
- Create/foster a position work environment
- Coordinate with production work on day-shift and ensure the equipment is properly inspected and tested after repairs are completed
- Facilitate incident/accident investigation and ensure environmental compliance
- Manage people time and control OT
- Manage and minimize Emergency work
- Other duties may be assigned
- Eliminate barriers for craftsmen to execute work safely and efficiently
- Ensure tasks are understood, supervised and accomplished
- Compile and implement crew safety action plan
- Accountable for performance development of crew to include: discipline/corrective (attendance, behavior, etc.) up to suspensions with pay, cross training, evaluations and promotions
- Coordinate training and development activities for staff
- Responsible to ensure employees follow SOP's and identify best practices and work to make them SOP's
- Responsible for effective communication to and from the technicians and Planner Scheduler to ensure customer expectations are met
- Communicate reasons for success when maintenance targets are achieved and provide solutions when there are performance deviations
- Coordinate with production regarding equipment availability
- Monitor equipment and develop preventative maintenance plans
- Support ISO 9000 efforts
- Oversee maintenance efficiency and costs
- Facilitate team communication
- Identify cost savings, efficiency improvement projects
- Manage vacation schedule and call out processes for overtime and absenteeism
- Formally appraise the performance and behavior of direct reports and provide appropriate feedback on both continuous informal and formal basis
- Responsible for recognizing the need to reward employees
- Responsible for addressing complaints, resolving problems and in some cases discipline employees
- Monitor and maintain training files and record for his/her area of responsibility
- Leverage site resources to drive culture change, continuous improvement and site wide Maintenance Excellence
- Report on performance objectives and KPI's within maintenance
- Answer grievances and perform administrative tasks (Time Cards, OT, vacation approval)
- Lead/participate in shift hand-off meeting
- Works Maintenance Weekend Duty
- Provide relief for Maintenance Supervisors and Planner/Schedulers
- Support ISO and Responsible Care Programs
- Partner with Human Resources in labor relations and contract administration
- Manage OT and 2P
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) from an accredited educational institution and 3 years of plant maintenance and/or production experience OR
- B.S. in Engineering or related scientific field from an accredited 4 year collete or university and 1 year in plant maintenance and/or production experience
- 1+ year of supervisory experience in Plant Maintenance and/or Production preferred
- MITS/SAP/ Excel skills and knowledge of lean sigma principles preferred
- Experience in PLC's, VFD's Foxboro, DCS and/or BMS is preferred
- Knowledge of lean sigma principles preferred
- Action Oriented
- Command Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.