To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
725 W. Genesee St.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Wellspring Lutheran Services • Frankenmuth, MI
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provide quality nursing care to residents; implement specific procedures and programs; coordinate work within the department, as well as with other departments; report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; respond to inquiries or requests for information; assist the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
- Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Provide individualized attention, which encourages each resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest level of independence and physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and personal dignity of each resident in the delivery of services to them. Interact with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a Christ-centered environment
- Fully understand all aspects of residents' rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse.; responsible for promptly reporting evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents' rights
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; report environmental deficiencies such as lighting or equipment problems to the supervisor or appropriate staff
- Protect the personal belongings of each resident; promptly report missing items according to established policy and participate in efforts to locate missing items
- Keep Nursing Directors up to date on resident’s status and other related material
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials
- Walk extensively to and from various locations of the unit while making rounds and transport residents within the facility
- Support an atmosphere, which promotes a homelike environment
- Respond to inquiries relating to his/her particular area or to requests from residents, visitors, other personnel, etc. within given time frames and within established policy
- Maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate all equipment and machines used in the performance of this job
- Responsible for the supervision of all nursing activities on the unit
- Responsible for the interpretation and adherence of the policies and procedures for the personnel, patients, medical staff and public
- Make daily resident visits to observe and evaluate the resident’s physical and emotional status
- Receive report from the off-going staff nurse; give reports to the on-coming staff nurse
- Give report to the medical team for the shift
- Report change of condition, abnormal lab results, patient and family concern, and new admissions to his/her physician
- Report change of condition, abnormal laboratory results and falls that result in an injury to the physician and the responsible party
- Receive, implement, and document new orders from physician and enter information in resident’s care plan
- Administer medications timely and adhere to stop order policy according to policy
- Review resident’s care plan for appropriate goals, problem approaches and revisions based on the resident’s nursing needs and that the Care Plan is followed
- Admitting, discharging and transferring of residents
- Maintain unit records: Narcotic Record, Daily Log Sheet, etc.
- Accompany physicians on rounds
- Delegate responsibilities for the direct care of specific residents, the physical arrangement of the facility and the staff capability
- Successful completion of an accredited Registered Nursing program; currently licensed by the State of Michigan Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Two (2) years nursing experience with current home health, medical, surgical, or critical care experience preferred
- Meet and maintain other certifications or requirements as necessary for the position
**Keywords: Wellspring Lutheran Services, Registered Nurse, RN, Geriatric, Senior Services, Residential, Skilled Nursing Facility, Healthcare, Frankenmuth**