The Staff Accountant will report to the Operations Accounting Manager. The individual will be responsible for the preparation and consolidation of Financial Statements and assist with the month, quarter, and year-end close process. This position will also perform ad hoc projects for executive management as well as assist with internal and external audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare consolidation of Financial Statements by assisting with the month, quarter and year-end close process.
- Assist the accounting department during internal and external audits.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense journal entries.
- Facilitate and complete support schedules according to month-end procedures.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis assignments as instructed by internal management.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Public Accounting/Auditing experience a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Microsoft VB/Macros is a plus (not required).
- Knowledge and use of Great Plains ERP system is a plus (not required).
- Highly detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- REQUIRED: Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel.
- REQUIRED: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- REQUIRED: Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external partners to maximize performance, creativity and results.
- REQUIRED: Ability to act and operate independently with minimal supervision from manager to accomplish objectives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- CPA licensed or candidate.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Desire to learn about the financial services industry.
- 2+ years accounting/finance experience.
Every Full Time position at Westlake Financial offers the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching, Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
- Employee Loan Assistance
- Onsite DMV
- Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick days
We provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all Team Members (employees) and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our Team Members (employees) to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws; including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.