Compensation (Range): $38-$44/ hour
If you are an experienced Plant Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Plant Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Plant Engineer will include:
- The candidate should be able to effectively:
- Anticipate, recognize and evaluate hazards and associated risks and develop appropriate safeguarding measures.
- Conduct and utilize risk assessments to evaluate job risk factors on new and existing machinery to eliminate or reduce risk to acceptable levels.
- Conduct safety audits on construction sites, machinery and associated equipment and work with cross-functional management teams to address gaps to resolution.
- Develop and conduct safety training sessions to construction and manufacturing engineers.
- Investigate and drive for root causal factors on high potential and injury related incidents.
- Achieve effective working relationships with Occupational Health & Safety personnel and assist in resolving safety issues to closure.
- Travel is expected.
As a Plant Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Education / Experience / Skills:
• Basic or advanced level of machine/automation control reliability safeguarding strategies, risk assessment capabilities.
- Ability to function autonomously, or in a team setting.
- Self-motivated skills to drive issues to closure with appropriate actions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to function within a manufacturing environment and work with both engineering support functions, salaried and hourly personnel.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and programs
- At least 10 years of Safety/Automation/Construction related experience an asset
- Risk Assessment training, Construction safety, including the commissioning of machinery and assembly lines
- Automation safety related degree
- OSHA 30 hour training certificate. Related Auditing Course, such as ISO Auditing certificate.
As a Plant Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Plant Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: Plant, safety, audit, assembly, machine,
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Attention To Detail