Job Posting Title:
- Provide supervisory and technical support to laboratory testing operations. This includes ensuring staff are adequately trained, timely completion of testing, monitoring and trending of test data, conducting investigations and resolutions, authoring SOP's, supporting department initiatives toward improvement and ensuring cGMP compliance to food standards.
- Provide quality support to business and operations groups. This includes active participation with resolving process related problems, developing and maintaining professional relationships, participation with new product and process developments, supporting business initiatives and sharing technical knowledge.
- Provide quality support to customers and business partners. This includes timely resolution to customer complaints and requests, establishing positive customer relations, leadership for resolving process related problems in a team based work environment.
- Provide support for business initiatives. This includes BRC and HACCP certification, knowledge with BRC, HACCP, GMP, food safety compliance, and active participation on department and corporate projects as assigned.
- Management of employee performance, discipline, development and resource planning; lead the activities of the assigned team members in accordance with work instructions and Company policy to ensure a quality product delivered on time
- Provide input in department and program development; fosters Continuous Improvement and team environment; facility advocate for Food Safety and Quality
- Lead the on-boarding, training, and performance of direct reports; implement job-related training for all employees on assigned team and manage personnel to minimize food safety risks; coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise direct reports to maximize operational success
- Coordinate and deliver annual training (and related documentation) of employees
- Facilitate team workflow management, workforce scheduling, and team members' placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded
- Conduct routine audits to ensure compliance of food safety, sanitation, and food quality systems are appropriately implemented.
- Monitor food safety programs to ensure compliance with internal & external standards interact with all departments and remote sites to maintain food quality programs; enforce GMP compliance within the organization
- Complete Positive Release
- Verify Food Safety (CCP, PC) documentation
- Supervise product evaluations
- ensure that all QA testing equipment is calibrated and maintained as required
- Assist in resolving issues with raw materials, finished product and packaging materials
- Adhere to established food safety protocols, policies, and procedures. Document and develop written departmental procedures
- Maintain and control QA documentation and assist with preparation and management external audits; ensure departmental files are current and available for inspection at all times.
- Maintain hold log
- Support and enforce the manufacturing facility's safety program and regulatory compliance in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager; actively participate in the Company's safety committee and hold direct staff accountable for compliance to stated safe work practices
- Develop supportive relationships with Operations and Support staff (Warehouse, R&D, Sanitation, etc.)
- Partner with Human Resources to resolve employee relations concerns and to consistently administer disciplinary action when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested, up to and including providing coverage for other departmental leadership
- Serves a back-up to QA manager; oversees QA and Micro technicians.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Product Quality Assurance
Statistical Process Controls
Implement Corrective Action