To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, NC 28734
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor - 3rd shift
Shaw Industries • Franklin, NC
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Objective: To effectively manage employees to produce maximum amounts of product with minimal off-quality claims and no employee accidents.
- To master a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the hardwood flooring manufacturing process and its operations.
- To communicate with all employees and departments to maintain the effective flow of materials through the plant.
- To release conforming products to the next operation and hold non-conforming product for further evaluation.
- To be able to advise employees on the proper setup of machinery and processes.
- To have a thorough understanding of corporate and facility policies and procedures and be able to communicate them to employees.
- Responsible for communicating and executing special instructions.
- To make sure that all employees in the department follow correct procedures.
- To monitor performance of employees and handle any necessary corrective action for employees requiring improvement.
- To have a working knowledge of all quality systems and related QC test equipment.
- To communicate with the scheduling department to coordinate the scheduling of the equipment with raw materials.
- Hold daily and any other necessary meetings for employees.
- Maintain employee attendance records.
- Take an active role in committees.
- Fill in for positions when needed.
- Conduct initial job training and continuous job training with new employees when needed.
2+ years of supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to bend, squat, reach, and stoop several times a day.
- Must be able to stand for 10-12 hours a day.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times through the day.
- Must be able to assist in lifting up to 50 lbs. when performing maintenance on equipment.
- Must be able to lift 1-10 lbs. on a regular basis throughout the day (handling materials).
- Must be able to understand the role of the ergonomics due to repetitive hand motion requirements (hand/wrist movement, pinch grip…) due to constant handling of boards from in-feed conveyor as well as re-work conveyor. program and its requirements, which includes our stretching program.
- Must be able to handle the stress of meeting goals and production requirements.
- Must be able to visualize defects in the product while material is moving.
- Must be able to safely work around moving machinery and focus on the importance of hand safety.
- Must be able to work in industrial environment with elevated noise levels, dust, dirt, humidity and temperature variations
- Must be able to follow all other general plant safety requirements.
- Must successfully pass vision screen for driving powered industrial trucks
- Must participate in pre-shift stretching exercises.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to groups of employees.
- Ability to read and write effectively.
- Must be able to read and analyze charts and graphs.
- Must be familiar with current computer systems and software.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities, including interpersonal skills.
- Must insure compliance of all corporate policies.