Our client is looking to bring on a Sr. Systems Analyst (Epic) to join their team. This position is onsite only in Cleveland, OH.
Design, build, and test Epic module's & maintain documentation of business and system configuration requirements. Configure the Epic software such as templates, drop-down boxes and pick lists. Complete assigned team tasks as documented in the work plan.
The candidate will have working knowledge of Ambulatory (clinic) Health Information Management, Network & Devices Reporting & Business Intelligence, Beacon (oncology) ADT (admission, discharge, transfer), Willow (pharmacy) Cadence/Prelude (scheduling), Beaker (lab) Inpatient Orders, Stork (OB), ASAP (emergency room) Inpatient Clinical Documentation
• Performs system configuration functions using on-line architectural tools with minimal supervision.
• Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department.
• Provides status reports to management when required.
• Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed.
• Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
• Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
• Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
• Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
• Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees. Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Skills and Experience:
• Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic.
• Works effectively in a high-paced environment.
• Applies knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs.
• Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers.
• Identifies problem situations and consider all perspectives in terms of scope and consequences.
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively facilitate interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
• Works independently, handle significant responsibility, and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Attends to detail required.
• Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and assertiveness.
• Demonstrates ability to stay organized.
• Demonstrates creativity, integrity, and initiative.
• Communicates effectively with others using a variety of modes and in a complex and varied work environment.
• Promotes the effectiveness of the team as both team leader and team member.
• Helps the organization fulfill its mission and achieve its strategic objective by using critical thinking and problem solving.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Complex Problem Solving