Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM with weekend rotation
Questions and Answers. In Client Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Client Service is something we take pride in – making sure that the people we serve feel valued and understood, while providing and gathering accurate information. Client Service is always critical and that’s why our team is both valued and recognized within the business as a key part of our brand. As part of a diverse and supported team, Client Services offers an outstanding career path with an industry leader.
Basic Purpose: Handle all inbound customer contact received by telephone, electronically, in writing and in person. Troubleshoot both complex medical/technical and routine requests. Place outbound calls to clients in accordance with call log procedures and policies. Receive, resolve and follow-up with the most complex customer issues that cannot be resolved immediately. May provide coaching, training and support to CSR I, II and Assistants. Act as a liaison between Client Services and the laboratory.
• Handle all customer inquiries received by telephone, fax or email regarding reporting of patient results, inquiries of tests and services, concerns of service failures and other duties needed to provide superior service
• Report laboratory results to clients and patients using established protocols
• Document reporting or call history in the required format and maintain complete and accurate records
• Contact the client to resolve routine or medical/technical matters related to patient testing and result reporting
• Report client concerns using established protocols
• Provides education and guidance to clients about Quest Diagnostics lab processes
• Understands the importance of Quality Service and how it is measure
• Escalates issues as appropriate using established protocols
• Provide research and resolution on complex medical/technical issues, including those that have been referred by CSR I, II and Assistants
• May provide technical training to new hires
• Coach less experienced staff
• Recognize quality service issues and provide feedback to appropriate personnel on opportunities for improvement
• May assist Group Leader in the delegation of work in the absence of the supervisor or manager
• Responsible for maximizing quality and efficiencies to meet department goals
• Leads by example in demonstrating “gold standards” behaviors
• Perform other duties as required to meet the customer’s requirements
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES THAT AN INCUMBENT MAY BE EXPECTED TO PERFORM.
Education Preferred: Registered MT, MLT or equivalent preferred. Medical terminology required.
Work Experience: CSR II with a minimum 5 years clinical laboratory or customer service experience will be considered. Technical or Customer service background. Previous medical or clinical laboratory background
• Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to speak the English language clearly and effectively communicate with caller and peer group.
• Demonstrated strong writing and composition skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to operate basic office equipment and utilize proficient computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated composure in stressful situations
• Demonstrated ability in handling of complex issues and strong problem solving skills and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to follow company and department policies and procedures
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to values and Integrity
• Exhibits comfortable interaction with technical staff and other departments
• Demonstrated ability to coach or mentor other reps
Principal Decisions: Describe the most important decisions that are made in the course of doing the job.
• Accurate identification and clarification of client or patient requests
• Appropriate escalation of issues that are beyond skills or scope of CSR.
• Determination of appropriate response to client inquiries and complaints
• Creation of complete and accurate documentation of all interactions
• Suggestions for process improvements related to department operations or client concerns
• Accept additional responsibilities with a positive attitude and foster teamwork
• May handle specimens to resolve some complex, technical issues
• Advise clients and staff with complex, procedural questions
• Utilize strong working knowledge of laboratory procedures
• Utilize varied resources to obtain medical / technical information necessary to provide advice to clients and staff
• Collaborates with technical staff and other departments
Setting Up Files