AmTrust Financial Services is currently seeking a Director in our Operations Department. This position is an individual contributor role but is responsible for process improvements (from identification to implementation and continuous improvement); line of business operational data analysis and monitoring; line of business compliance implementation; KPI development and management; and project management.
The role provides subject matter expertise for our line of business training needs (Specialty - Professional Lines and Subrogation).
The Operations leader will be a project manager over 5-7 projects in flight at a time that are either line of business specific, or national/organization wide. Prior experience within the line of business is critical, as you will responsible for the technical development of training focused on coverage, liability investigation, development and evaluation of damages, settlement strategy and litigation management, as well as leadership, coaching, and supervision. You will collaborate with the Analytics organization and AVP of Operations to develop operational reporting suites to drive great outcomes across the lines of business you support. You will develop strategic priorities and for your line of business and ensure the execution of any changes within the organization that will drive the right results.
- You are a thought leader and problem solver;
- You can translate company strategies into tactical goals;
- You are inquisitive and data driven;
- You understand lean management concepts, agile delivery, change management, and continuous improvement;
- You make AmTrust an employer of choice/talent destination;
- Build efficiency and excellence with best practices, claim processing policies, procedures and department guidelines through training development and compliance management;
- Advocate for the needs of your organization.
- Exceptional leadership skills; plus the ability to plan, organize, delegate, and influence;
- Thorough understanding of the lines of business you will support as their operations manager (laws, principles of coverage, liability and insurance industry in general;
- Analytical and human relations skills, and ability to operate business technology are critical;
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form;
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction;
- Sound command of the English language;
- College degree or 10 years equivalent experience and skills required.
- Claim Operations experience; project management, Agile and lean management would be a huge plus
- LOB; Professional Lines and Subro knowledge
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
Process Improvements (Business)