Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for three (3) Maintenance Technician II based in Bradenton, Florida. These opening are for one (1) DAY SHIFT (6:45 am - 3:00pm), one (1) SECOND SHIFT (2:45 to 11:00 pm), one (1), THIRD SHIFT (10:45 pm to 7:00 am). These positions will be scheduled for and require weekend work (Saturday and Sunday). This position will need to be able to process troubleshoot and have the knowlege, skills, and abiltiy of statisical process controlls (SPC), one point lessons (OPLs) and standard operating condidtions (SOCs). Maintenance Technicians are responsible for installation and repair of equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Technician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment and building. Now Offering a Sign On Bonus of $1500.00
• Initiating corrective/preventive and continuous improvement opportunities through defined/document channels, and actively participate in developing, implementing, and verifying corrective/improvement actions.
• Provide a safe working environment for all employees to ensure an acceptable incident rate.
• Facilitate problem solving events and maintain line efficiencies to meet standard
• Must perform all duties necessary to achieve the continuous improvement of the production lines and related processing.
• New Hire Training.
• Train Technical Specialists on Graham Wheel Procedures
• Assist and train Technical Specialists in understanding the process
o Process troubleshooting
o Statistical Process Controls (SPC)
o One Point Lessons (OPLs)
• Monitor status of Standard Operating Conditions (SOCs) on all lines. This includes documenting and reporting discrepancies.
• Monitor status of Standard Work Procedures and implement new Standard Work as needed
• Communicate and works with the Shift Supervisors to determine maintenance priorities based on Plant performance.
• Assist in the direction and completion of preventative and predictive maintenance tasks/Audits as required on assigned shift.
• Complete appropriate documentation to track downtime, process changes. May also be required to accurately record other reports as trained and assigned.
• Responsible for all plant preventive maintenance, Audits/Completion Tracking and reporting for assigned shift.
• Responsible for 5S in Maintenance Areas.
• Follow all safety regulations and requirements.
• Must be willing to cover call in’s, work overtime or work on production line as needed to help meet plant needs
• Provide monthly progress reports to Maintenance Manager.
• Utilize the project management system to drive plant projects by maintaining an active and updated project management system.
• Cover open spots in production/maintenance when needed
• All other duties as assigned, including assisting and learning job requirements of other job classifications as required.
• Maintain maintenance logs, records, and other documentation
• Basic understanding of recent NEC standards
• Be able to interpret and work from all electrical schematics.
a. Ladder Diagram
b. Wiring Diagram
c. Must be able to assemble, troubleshoot, and repair equipment from electrical drawings
• Working knowledge of the following electrical components
a. Power circuits
b. Switch gears
d. DC Drivers
e. AC VFD
i. Motors Starters
j. Data Memory
k. Electronic Logic
• Good Understanding of all basic electrical theories.
a. Basic Circuitry
b. Ohm’s Law
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product integrity.
- Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to budgeted goals.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery
- Limited travel may be required
- Two year Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years Industrial Maintenance Technician experience is preferred.
- Maintenance Technicians are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- . Position Requirements
• Satisfactory work and attendance record.
• Knowledge of safety and quality procedures.
• Good Understanding of all basic electrical.
• Maintain Authorized Electrical Worker Status
• Strong Fabrication Skills
• Welding and Machining of Parts
• Strong understanding of Blow Molding Process, Downstream Equipment, and conveyors.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Variable Frequency Drive