We are seeking a PRN Cardiovascular Invasive RN to support our Pre, Intra, and Recovery areas within our Interventional Radiology Procedural Lab here at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. RN's with a minimum of 1-year clinical experience in the Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Interventional Radiology, and ICU, ED or Progressive Cardiac care experience considered! This is a Day shift, Mon - Fri with a light on-call requirement.
The CVIR Department is a dynamic, cutting-edge department offering state of the art treatment options for the community. The department may see on average 12-16 cases per day! Our Interventional Radiology Team provides patients with the latest treatment options not offered at other local institutions. These cutting-edge services are offered in addition to our other procedures, such as angioplasty, radio frequency ablation, cryoablation, chemo embolization, vertebroplasty, and others.
Clinical Practice and Case Management-Provides safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skill and experiences to meet the needs of the patient. Professional Development- Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self development in life long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skillls demonstrated in decision making and problem solving. Quality/best practice- Uses standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes. Teamwork: Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Technical Expertise: Assists the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the cath lab with the preparation of the sterile field, selection and preparation of instruments and supplies, manipulation of cardiac catheters, guidewires etc. and injection of contrast media and other medication as directed by the physician.
* Performs psychosocial/physiologic assessments that integrate changing data as documented in procedure note.
* Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs, including cultural/ethical/spiritual needs.
* Participates in the planning of routine transitional health care needs (e.g., treatment options).
* Responds to changes in patient's needs and provides holistic caring.
* Ensures efficiency in the delivery of care; determines immediate priorities and offers solutions for problems.
* Makes independent clinical decisions based on knowledge drawn from education and experience within scope of practice.
* Identifies variances from expected outcomes.
* Immediately recognizes and responds to adverse clinical situations and directs others to assist in a favorable patient outcome.
* Documents all patient care activities per documentation standards. Assists the healthcare team with the documentation process.
* Formulates a plan of care based on trends of similar patients.
* Collaborates with patients/ families to identify realistic desired outcome
* Maintains own Employee Continuing Education Record.
* Attends at least 50% of staff meetings Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to health care team members; displaying leadership behaviors. Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous year's goals.
* Demonstrates evidence of self development activities (beyond orientation) and attends inservices/seminars related to field.
* Participates in quality improvement initiatives and research protocols incorporating research findings into practice.
* Effectively manage supply usage by anticipating supply needs during procedure and effectively maintain supplies within the lab.
* Supports departmental cost saving strategies and provides care in an efficient and cost conscious manner.
* Consistently enters patient charge information accurately and maintains statistical data for the outcome report. Volunteers for additional projects in Cath/EP labs ex: skills check, help with staff development.
* Consistently communicates/collaborates with the health care team members, patients and families to maximize patient outcomes.
* Appropriately delegates patient care activities to other health care team members and participates on making and revising staff assignments.
* Keep informed of staff initiatives, and incorporates the outcomes of the team/committee work into practice.
* Participates on unit teams, work groups and committees. Takes initiative to participate in efficient and timely room turnover.
* Calibrates, operates and troubleshoots a wide variety of equipment and instruments. Selects appropriate instruments and supplies based on patient presentation during procedure.
* Monitors the EKG, hemodynamic pressure and other physiologic data during the procedure.
* 1+ year of experience in an interventional Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Interventional Radiology or Intensive Care, ED will also be considered.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preference for RCIS certification within 1 year.
* BLS certification,
* ACLS within 90 days of hire.
* Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, and computer skills required.
* Proficient in English
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Case Management
- Certified Nurse Practitioner