You've heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. OptumRx, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you'll ensure the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions and help us maintain proper inventory and storage of drugs. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
This role is challenging. In our fast-paced environment, your attention to detail and accuracy matter as these prescriptions are critical to our members' health and well-being.
Fulfill prescriptions by reviewing approved computer orders and monitoring shipments or completing the actual disbursement
Maintain proper inventory and storage of prescription drugs by filling dispensing units and monitoring and adjusting pharmacy equipment
Perform cycle counting activities and complete order processing
Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or above
- State of California Pharmacy Technician License (CPhT)
- 1+ year of experience with computers and MS Office products
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- 1+ years of pharmacy / prescription experience
- National Pharmacy Tech Certification (PTCB)
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Standing, walking, and lifting up to 30 lbs. frequently in a warehouse environment
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Pharmacy Technician - Irwindale, CA.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Pharmacy Technician - Irwindale, CA.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Pharmacy Technician - Irwindale, CA.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk, Irwindale, CA