To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, KY 41018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Covington, KY
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Tooling Engineer provides extended expertise in developing, designing and testing a wide range of mechanical products per requirements and specifications. Performs mechanical development and integration assignments.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides extended expertise in the design, development and testing of mechanical components
- Participates in engineering activities to define product requirements, create designs, perform simulation testing and validation of final hardware components
- Performs mechanical component development and integration, while using Computer-Aided-Design concepts
- Works as part of the Mechanical Engineering Team to meet high level of engineering standards per design specifications
- Uses existing procedures to solve a range of problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Solves a variety of mechanical engineering issues and improves existing designs
- Performs value analysis during the product design phase while optimizing product development costs
- Use Design Software (Siemens NX10) to apply a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years’ Experience: 5+ years of tooling experience in design atmosphere
- Expert level Design capability using 3D modeling to conceptualize using a 'build to edit' concept to easily modify/optimize design
- Complete understanding of GD&T to create tooling drawings that emphasize Datum structures and allow achievable tolerances to make functional tooling components and assemblies
- Use FEA to spot potential issues with design at the design level to help streamline development of molds and work holding fixtures
- Ability to design tooling with manufacturability in mind
- Ability to look at current legacy processes and conceptualize improvements
- Candidate required to understand 'Master Model Concept' to retain work if and when design changes
- ProE, Catia, or NX experience preferred
- ERP Systems knowledge; Syteline a plus
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].