Canon USAs Healthcare Optics Research Lab is a young organization that is gaining momentum. We are partnering with world class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. This Sr. Software Engineer (Engineer, Sr.) position is part of a medical device development team responsible for the design, implementation and verification of an innovative medical imaging device. It is a hands-on role inventing practical solutions to develop imaging control and image processing software while meeting various functional and non-functional requirements of novel medical devices.
- Directly responsible for software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical imaging devices that consists of hardware control, data acquisition, signal/image processing, display, and post processing of medical images
- Design and code medical-grade software with a focus on visualization that meet the defined software requirements and Design Inputs
- Create documentation adhering to quality procedures, regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Create and execute unit and integration test plans
- Contribute to software system level test plans
- Contribute to product requirement development and risk management reviews
- Provide consultation on all imaging related projects; be a top level contributor/specialist
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Keep abreast of relevant and new technologies in the medical imaging field
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Education Required: Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience Required: 10+ years in a software engineering role. Direct experience of software architecture design and development is preferred
- Experience developing medical or other safety-critical products is required
- Experience designing and managing complex systems and control systems of hardware
- Strong understanding of modern programming languages. Proficiency in C/C++ and C# is required
- Knowledge and experience in DICOM and 2D medical image processing; experience using toolkits such as IPP, ITK, VTK or OpenCV
- Strong understanding of best practices of modern software development processes
- Strong understanding of development platforms such as VisualStudio
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to other stakeholders in different functions at various levels
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting URL blocked - click to apply
and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact URL blocked - click to apply
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site URL blocked - click to apply
, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE
Use Programming Language