Manages and coordinates assigned units with complex responsibilities of the Control and Reporting area within WISD Shared Services. Manages a team of managers and professionals and provides technical, functional and operational expertise within Shared Services. Manages the provision of support for transactional processing, risk and control monitoring, reconciliation, problem resolution research, and management and regulatory reporting and analysis. Leads the development or enhancement of new service offerings and process changes.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning, leadership, problem resolution, analysis and reporting for a team with complex responsibilities or with responsibilities for a large team of employees while ensuring all daily, weekly and monthly work is completed timely and accurately and as defined by Service Level Agreements (SLAs), while complying with pertinent policies and regulations.
- Provide technical, functional and operational expertise in Department work policies and procedures, and provide recommendations for Department policy or procedure changes.
- Facilitate process innovation within Shared Services, focusing on creating efficiency and enhancing the control environment.
- Implement and review metrics reports to identify opportunities to enhance efficiency and controls. Make process changes as needed to achieve improvements.
- Engage with staff and peers when necessary in the resolution of complex problems through application of industry and experiential knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for unit contingency planning and regulatory compliance.
- Actively participate on projects impacting Shared Services including, but not limited to, developing test plans, strategies and scripts, independently testing system releases and enhancements, and delegating project tasks.
- Responsible and accountable for the budget process and financially accountable for the Department/unit.
- Serve as main business unit contact for critical production issues and unique business situations
- Identify, report and escalate all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of business, applicable regulations and affiliated technology with the ability to plan, organize and manage the work of assigned staff and produce results. The position works with uncertainty with discretionary solutions, possessing moderate risk to organization.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/work experience, including a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Minimum of 2 years' work leadership, supervisory and/or managerial experience
Strong analytical skills
Strong problem-solving skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Willing to work a flexible schedule
Demonstrated success operating in a team environment
Experience using pertinent word processing and spreadsheet softwareEducation and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
Minimum of 4 years' experience in financial services industry
Minimum of 3 years' supervisory or project management leadership experience
Proven experience leading and developing a diverse team
Ability to work under time constraints
Knowledge of Bank systems
Knowledge of Bank culture
Understanding of Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets business
Service Level Agreement
Complex Problem Solving