To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Vaco - Birmingham
- Phone: 205-414-9599
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vaco Staffing • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Vaco is currently seeking a Accounting Coordinator to take charge of the books for a growing Birmingham-based company. The candidate must be an organized, detail oriented individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to maintain several priority tasks at once. Excellent written and oral communication skills a must. Our client offers above-average benefits and compensation!
- Responsible for all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for the business
- Maintain daily cash receipts and disbursements and bank balances for multiple accounts and companies
- Summarize and record weekly store activity, confirm daily deposits
- Create and record bank cash transfers and miscellaneous account activity
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Supervise AP invoice entry, reconcile and pay all vendors within terms
- Maintain customer billing and accounts receivable
- Code and record monthly credit card expenses
- Record payroll summaries in general ledger
- Prepare and file multiple state tax returns
- Maintain a monthly book closing and reporting schedule
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a progressive accounting role
- Extensive Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable knowledge
- Proficient in Peachtree and ERP systems
- Knowledge of financial statement preparation
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and the ability to shift gears with ease
Benefits to working with Vaco: Through no cost to you, working with Vaco recruiters gives you an advantage over your competition. In the local market, Vaco partners with most companies to fill their accounting and finance needs. In most cases, our recruiters will have a relationship with the human resources manager or the hiring manager directly. Instead of being another faceless resume, with Vaco, you have an advocate to get you the opportunities that you want. Your recruiter will promote your strengths and assets to the employer, connecting the dots between your work experience and the open job. Choosing to use Vaco means you are more prepared for your interviews. Through the relationships with the client and history of working with each company, you will be prepared thoroughly for each interview - history of the company, background on the people that you will meet, and in some cases examples of interview questions to prepare. Our recruiters will be able to provide great insight about trends in the market - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES. Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.