To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6350 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front End Developer
Unisys Corporation • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented UI/UX Java Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Seeking experienced full stack Java developer with hands on experience building dynamic web applications on a Java technology stack. Candidates with the strongest experience for UI/UX design and experience with Federal Section 508 standards will be evaluated more favorably. Candidate must be able to provide task-level estimates, actively participate in project events, provide alternative delivery options, communicate issues and impediments to appropriate management personnel, and make commitments to the rest of the team regarding task completion. Must actively support and contribute to the Agile practices adopted by the development team.
Java Developer resources will perform the majority of the development support to provide the functionality identified by the user community, troubleshoot issues, and identify/fix anomalies. It is crucial that these resources be accustomed and comfortable working within a team-based agile environment that is centric to software development. These resources will also provide operational support within the defined support hours. Strong communication skills are required to communicate with team members, other OIT resources, stakeholders, and end users.
- Translate application user stories and use cases into functional applications
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Research new Java-based frameworks, techniques and tools
- Communicate effectively with multiple teams and team members, as well as with OIT resources, stakeholders, and end users.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 10 years of experience or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years total Java experience; strong analytical skills; Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- The Strongest candidates will be:
• Extensive experience with CSS/SASS/Less and CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap.
• Expertise with the standards for 508 compliance/508 Trusted Tester Certification.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Implementing unit tests (i.e. Junit, Karma)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiar with continuous integration
Hands-on experience in:
- Spring framework,
- Data access layer using iBatis or Hibernate
- Oracle SQL
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.