To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6100 East Stapleton Drive South
Denver, CO 80216
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Government Account Executive - North Denver
MSC Industrial Supply • Denver, CO
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Associate must spend 90% of their time on Government Opportunities and Government Accounts must account for at least 75% of the Total Portfolio. Sells, under general supervision, MSC products and services to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals.
- Sells, under general supervision, MSC products, services, and value adds by interacting with established and prospective customers to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals.
- Ensures growth of sales, identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of corporate sales goals.
- Manages, to ensure excellent customer relations. Responds to customer needs, consistent with MSC standards, culture, and business practices. Consults with manager to identify and implement solutions to problems.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team and corporate sales goals.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for MSC management as needed.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Develops a personal business plan under general management supervision to establish personal annual goals.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the branch and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s Mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Associates Degree or the equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years outside sales experience is required.
- Government sales experience is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of procurement processes and knowledge of sales theory/skills is required.
- Excellent communications skills are required.
- Basic computer literacy desired.
- 90% of an OSA’s time must be spent on Government – Federal, State or local Government, USPS, or Federal Government contractors; with a maximum of 10% on commercial accounts.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Position requires daily local travel within branch or market territory.
- Occasional overnight travel is also required.
Built on a foundation of values and trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than a million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your families’ health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.