To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wailea-Makena, HI
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Social Catering Manager - Grand Wailea Resort & Spa
Waldorf Astoria • Wailea-Makena, HI
Posted 1 day ago
A Senior Social Catering Sales Manager at Grand Wailea Resort & Spa is responsible for overseeing each social event from start to finish and to provide client with a professional and friendly contact throughout their experience. To solicit and respond to weddings, companies and organizations that request to purchase food and beverage, rent meeting space and ancillary services from the hotel. Coordinates the prompt, courteous and efficient delivery of those products to satisfy the customer's service needs and to maximize the hotel's profits.
What will I be doing?
Senior Social Catering Manager is responsible for overseeing each social event from start to finish and to provide client with a professional and friendly contact throughout their experience. To solicit and respond to weddings, companies and organizations that request to purchase food and beverage, rent meeting space and ancillary services from the hotel. Coordinates the prompt, courteous and efficient delivery of those products to satisfy the customer's service needs and to maximize the hotel's profits. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Details and Service all wedding and non-group catering events by drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing all aspects of the event
- Meets with customers to perform property tour of facilities and space
- Attend BEO meetings when appropriate
- Generate and distribute SPR's, month end reports for assigned events
- Obtains deposits and final payments for the Wedding and Catering events
- Responsible for generating and distribution of Banquet Event Orders for events assigned
- Must have knowledge in food and beverage menu development
- Must have knowledge in all areas of banquet and event etiquette, guest relations and service standards
- Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of autonomy requiring excellent time management skills and self-motivation
- Ability to manage and direct staff
- Ability to handle multiple customer and operational demands with a high degree of professionalism, operating often with time sensitive deadlines
- Hotel product and industry knowledge, i.e., staffing, operations, safety, security, union rules, structural, terminology, fire, police and health codes, hotel policies, city ordinances
- Quantitative processing of data via office machine equipment, mathematical computations and analytical skills necessary to accurately determine and communicate financial, forecasting and space utilization calculations
- Ability to successfully operate computer systems with the ability to navigate efficiently through Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Delphi, OnQ, InFocus, Meeting Matrix
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials
- Possess a good conceptual understanding of electronic devices and ability to operate such items such as copy machines, slide projectors, microphones, computers, portable radios, pagers, etc.
- Ability to complete a contract in compliance with all checklists, standards and hotel policies
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!