To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customs Compliance Clerk
Gate Gourmet • Boston, MA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Customs Compliance Clerk
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Custom Compliance Clerk to join our Operations department based in Boston at Logan International Airport. Reporting to the Operations Director, the Customs Compliance Assistant is responsible for ensuring VSIE’s (Vessel Supplies for Immediate Exportation) are closed within one year. Serves as a liaison and communicates with customs and the customer. Ensures proper security of bonded cages, area and product. Responsible for accuracy of paperwork and for appropriate retention files of bonded goods and overall compliance of the cages and record keeping mandates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Ensures bonded freight is picked up in accordance with customs regulation
- Ensures the only approved employees enter bonded restricted areas
- Ensures certificates of use are used for each VSIE
- Ensures daily perpetual inventory is used when requisitioning bonded stock to the floor
- Ensures bonded cages are kept neat and orderly
- Ensures VSIE’s are closed within one year
- Liaises and communicates with customs and the customer
- Ensures proper security of bonded cages, area and product
- Responsible for accuracy of paperwork
- Responsible for appropriate retention files of bonded goods
- Responsible to manage VSIE clerks and productivity
- Keeps General Manager informed of issues and changes
- Duties not listed but related to customs / bonded procedures
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
Work Experience :
- 1-2 years in inventory management and Customs regulations knowledge is preferred.
- In-flight catering experience is highly desired.
Job Skills :
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage their area of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a unionized environment.
- Must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train other hourly employees.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on quality and priorities.
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred
Communication Skills :
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
Environmental Requirements :
- Regularly, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shift.
- In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (10) pounds.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf