To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1050 Corporate Office Drive
Milford Charter Township, MI 48381
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Banker / Consumer Direct Loan Officer
MB Financial Bank • Milford Charter Township, MI
Posted 14 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for taking residential mortgage loan applications and processing such conventional and government residential mortgage applications based on an initial assessment of financial and credit information. It is anticipated that the Consumer Direct LO will conduct a significant amount of work inside bank locations and by managing leads that are provided.
The level of work is considered professional sales and you will work independently and with minimal guidance. This position has no management (leadership) responsibilities for a team at this time.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Originates conventional and government residential mortgages and participates in related business development activities.
2. Funds a minimum of two (2) loans per month.
3. Obtains residential mortgage leads via outbound calls and inbound calls into customer service. May attract business through referrals or other business activities.
4. Provides service to applicants and existing customers seeking residential mortgage loans. Interviews applicants to obtain information concerning their financial lending needs and obtains pertinent financial and credit data for submission to the underwriting group.
5. Negotiates loan terms with applicants.
6. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
7. Ensures the preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for residential loans and follows the loans to ensure compliance with terms.
8. Acts as a role model and professionally represents MB Financial Bank at work and in the community.
9. Completes a preliminary credit review; review of credit report
10. Will council applicants, or potential applicants, on residential local products that may be available
11. Communicates credit terms approved by MB.
12. Attends, as required, various company sales functions, events and training; completes required training. Meets regulatory requirements, Bank training and other training for continuing education to maintain compliant with applicable laws.
13. Works in support of the company’s fair lending strategic initiatives.
14. May occasionally meet with customers.
15. Supports, enhances and helps lead within our Bank culture and role models our cultural (People, Integrity, Partnership, Teamwork, and Fun) and MB values.
16. Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (msuperortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience
• Financial services industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to exceed established sales goals
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Excellent business development skills
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business
• Has demonstrated character and general fitness and financial responsibility.
MB Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID: TG11451
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.