To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant/Associate Engineer, Engineering Development Program
Johnson & Johnson • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ETHICON, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting new college graduates for their Engineering Development Program in Cincinnati, OH. Candidates must be recent college graduates and have graduated within 12 months of the position start date. The Engineering Development Program (EDP) offers multi-disciplinary rotations throughout the entire new product development process including design, manufacturing, quality and sustainability engineering. After 2-3 years, EDP associates will complete the program and continue in challenging engineering roles, delivering tomorrow's surgical innovations.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologiesincluding sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devicesthat are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
As an associate in the Engineering Development Program you will:
- Complete multidisciplinary rotations throughout the entire lifecycle of the product development process over a 2-3 year period.
- Have a strong support network of seasoned team engineers and mentors, guiding your technical and career development.
- Contribute to design solution activities using state of the art tools and previously learned skills with CAD tools, simulation tools, fundamental engineering principles, and expertise offered/conveyed through a team based environment.
- Assist in developing advanced product reliability testing, interpreting results, and recommending next steps.
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with external partners to develop advanced production and testing methods throughout the lifecycle of a product.
- Have the opportunity to take advantage of hundreds of on-site training courses such as anatomy, statistics, design for manufacturability and assembly, component material analysis, and manufacturing process selection.
Apply all skills learned to understand the entire development of a product from design to assembly and stabilization after product launch.
Candidate must be a new college graduate, graduating no more than 12 months prior to their start date, with a Bachelor's or Master's degree (e.g., BS, MS), in Mechanical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Possess previous co-op, internship or work experience and demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship in the future.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, Cincinnati, Ohio
Organization: Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Job Function: Engineer
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)