To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greater Linden Area, NJ
- Orbital Engineering
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Orbital Engineering, Inc • Greater Linden Area, NJ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Orbital Engineering has provided worldwide professional engineering and consulting services since 1969. Our commitment to quality, responsiveness, and attention to detail has earned us the reputation as a leading provider of engineering and design services. Over the years, we've broadened both our scope and client list and we've been consistently ranked among the Engineering News Record (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms.
With over 250 engineering and support staff throughout district offices in Pittsburgh (HQ), Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, and Houston, we're creative, client-driven, and collaborative. Currently, Orbital Engineering, Inc. is providing Engineering, Risk Mitigation, and Project Delivery Services for a variety of customers in the following industries:
- Chemical & Manufacturing
- Mining & Metals
- Oil and Gas
Orbital is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to assist with single and multi-discipline projects for our refinery client located in Linden, NJ. The position requires experience in heavy industrial engineering projects-preferably in the refinery industry however experience in the steel, petrochemical, chemical, mining, and power generation sectors will be considered.
The position requires the Engineer to perform in various roles related to detailed engineering design, project execution, budget and schedule control, technical support, and customer relationship development.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate and work alongside a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers.
- Responsible for the execution of design activities for assigned projects, through both self-execution and as leader of project team.
- Function as Project Lead on specific projects as required. Schedule, organize and direct other engineers, designers and subcontractors in the completion of activities.
- Prepare, or supervise the preparation of, single or multidiscipline engineering proposals including development of scopes of work, project schedules and cost estimates.
- Prepare, review and/or check engineering calculations, designs, drawings and other project documents related to this specific discipline on projects as required.
- Develop, maintain and upgrade technical standards/specifications to be used on specific projects, as well as centralized design basis and historical references.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with design and project execution procedures and guidelines as set forth in the clients Quality Management System.
- As a Senior Level Engineer, direct and provide technical guidance to junior engineers within the department.
- Assist in the development of standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed within the department.
- Provide enhanced customer support as a technical liaison.
- Perform field engineering and mechanical equipment inspections.
- Managing progress of projects relative to established plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Interfacing directly with client or client's representative, as needed.
This position requires at least 3 to 5 yrs. experience in Project Engineering with a background in mechanical engineering related to petrochemical and refining. Potential candidates should have a working knowledge of risk assessment as it relates to personnel safety and process safety, scope development and cost estimating/ control, and to be able to develop and maintain project schedules.
Candidates should have knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and either Visio or AutoCAD. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical. This position will include some field engineering work as it relates to the specific refinery project.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Credentials:
- BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Candidates with Professional Engineer (PE) certification will be given priority.
A commitment to excellence and hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, career advancement opportunities, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, 401(k), and supplemental insurance.
Orbital Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO/AA/M-F-V-D. Orbital Engineering, Inc. seeks diversity among its employees.