To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
426 Industrial Avenue
Williston, VT 05495
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineering Manager
Harris • Williston, VT
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Systems & Software our mission is to provide the best-in-class Customer Information Systems (CIS) and Financial Management Systems (FMS) solutions and services to investor-owned and municipal utilities. Our Research & Development team is essential as we continuously develop and enhance our solutions to keep pace with complex requirements around customer service and billing as well as keeping pace with the latest technology standards.
As an engineering manager for Systems & Software, you will build and lead a team of engineers who are responsible for delivering a superior CIS and Billing system.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join our awesome team, APPLY TODAY!Primary Functions
- Have regular 1-1 meetings with engineers on your team, help mentor and unblock them
- Support their career development, give them routine feedback, and be their advocate
- Provide short-term & long-term goals for your team & help them attain those goals
- Manage & prioritize workload for your team
- Ensure collaborating, communicating, & shipping at a high level
- Contribute as a lead developer on the team
- Generate new effort estimates for development projects
- Interface with all departments to understand changing priorities to help establish delivery dates and project risk
- Travel occasionally within North America to trade shows and customer sites
Your Experience Includes:
- A min of 5 years as a Full Stack software developer working with some or all of the following technologies:
- A min of 2 years as a Team Lead or Resource Manager
- Effectively worked with all levels of management across the organization
- Directly communicated with customers and provided exceptional customer service
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit, AngularJS, Eclipse IDE, REST, SOAP, JSON, MultiSpeak, Jira, Git, Docker, Slack and Confluence are preferred.
- We are an agile development organization, utilizing Kanban on the support side and Scrum for our development teams. We use industry standard software development tools such as Jira, Git, Docker, Slack, and Confluence to manage our iterative design, build, test, and deploy process…any experience with the above is an asset.
What we Offer?
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Williston, Vermont. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes an annual bonus, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, free Friday breakfasts, free access to our workout facility, assortment of free hot beverages, a generous lifestyle rewards annual spending amount and a wide variety of social and cultural events, etc.
Programming – Our application is built on the Java tech stack. We are currently using Java EE7 / Java 8 and utilize the Google Web Tool Kit for rich UI. We are moving in the direction of AngularJS, HTML5, and bootstrap. Some frameworks we are currently using include: JPA 2.1, JTA 1.2, EJB 3.2, CDI 1.1, Servlet 3.1, EL 3.0, JSF 2.2, JMS 2.0 - Active MQ
API’s – We use REST, SOAP, JSON, and MultiSpeak for web service communication across our own product lines as well as communications with external vendors.
Database – We work with Oracle and SQL Server databases, and also exploring noSQL solutions such as MongoDB, Hadoop or Dynamo.
The S&S portfolio includes some of the largest cities throughout North America; cities that are forward thinking and have high expectations from their software solutions. Here is a small sampling of some of our customers: Atlanta, Anaheim, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, Riverside, etcCompany Overview Systems and Software (www.ssivt.com), a division of Harris, is a software development and professional services company headquartered in Burlington, VT. S&S’s single focus is on delivering horizontally and vertically scalable Customer Information System (CIS) solutions to the utility industry. Our reputation is one of market-leading software, exceptional solution delivery, and a customer-focused organization.
For a utility, a Customer Information System is more than just a collection of records, it’s a lifeline between the utility and its most important asset, its customers. From turn-on to move-out, no other system will have the impact on the customer experience that the CIS does, so ensuring that this solution offers the breadth of scope and responsiveness that modern consumers require is a critical priority. Through our flagship product, enQuesta, S&S meets this need for our electric, water, sewer and gas customers by combining an intuitive design with powerful technology. The enQuesta solution not only presents a modern, innovative face for the utility to the end customers, but also enables the utilities to take advantage of the solution’s open architecture when developing future programs and initiatives.
Harris is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSU.TO) group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran employer.