To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irving, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Implementation Engineer
Yoh • Irving, TX
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Information Technology Implementation Engineer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in Irving Texas.
Responsible for providing architectural design and oversight to projects and applications. This includes infrastructure topology design and provisioning, capacity planning and management, infrastructure optimization, and troubleshooting. You will work to improve the overall enterprise infrastructure through various initiatives including researching, designing, and implementing leading edge technologies utilizing best practices and governance standards. The Solution Architect will drive the integration and validation of systems and solutions that are designed, tested, and documented to facilitate and improve service delivery.
- Lead large-scale technical projects, working with internal staff and vendors to define requirements, scope technical efforts, determine solutions, qualify project tasks, and then implement those solutions
- Provides thought leadership in the design of the infrastructure architecture. Includes the development transition plans to bridge current state into desired future state.
- Responsible for ensuring the technical infrastructure is capable of handling new applications and systems.
- Stays in constant contact with application developers, IT operations, and other entities within the IT department in order to stay up to date and informed
- Recommends required resources (technical and human) prior to implementation of new applications.
- Advise developers regarding the applications architecture for assigned applications.
- Ability to diagnose and identify system and infrastructure efficiency improvements or areas for innovation based on current service requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a robust, scalable architecture that encompasses technology, application, security, integration, and data requirements.
- Significant engineering experience with one or more IT component architectures such as network, storage or server architecture.
- Experience defining enterprise architecture, mapping existing systems to it, and defining how to close gaps.
- Previous experience managing external vendors.
- Extensive experience working with Networking Teams to troubleshoot connectivity type issues. Load Balancers, Firewalls, Routers, and Switches.
- Knowledge of Windows 2008-2012 Server operating systems. Experience with Virtual Machines and working with vendors to troubleshoot operating system issues.
- Must be experienced in application support and development, including requirements gathering and analysis.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
- Knowledge of data warehouse and data mining is a plus
- Extensive Vendor Management experience working with technical vendors and partners to accomplish tasks and project requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or 10 years of related experience.
- 8 - 10 years in IT where at least 3 years consisted of technical leadership and infrastructure development.
- 4+ years experience in Infrastructure Optimization in the area of Utility Computing, server/storage virtualization, automation and orchestration.
- 3+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Extensive project management experience
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills