To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bedminster Township, NJ 07921
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Zelis, Inc. • Bedminster Township, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Zelis is a healthcare information technology company and market-leading provider of end-to-end healthcare claims cost management and payment solutions.
Zelis Healthcare is an information technology company which utilizes an end-to-end technology platform to fulfill the claims cost management and payments needs of healthcare payors including large and medium-sized health plans, TPAs, Taft-Hartley Plans, providers and individuals. The company provides a comprehensive portfolio of network management, claims integrity, payment remittance solutions and analytical services for medical, dental and workers' compensation claims to over 500 payor clients. Additionally, the company delivers electronic payments and explanation of payments to over 200,000 healthcare providers and serves individuals with provider lookup and medical referral services.
Zelis is pursuing an aggressive organic and non-organic growth strategy focused on providing superior healthcare claim lifecycle solutions to payors, providers and individuals from pre-payment through payment. As the company executes its growth strategy, Zelis is seeking to identify an accomplished Business Analyst. Reporting directly to the Director of Project Management Office.
Summary of Job:
Act as liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements. Define and document internal systems and data requirements in a clear and concise manner. Create and maintain detailed workflows and other presentations as needed.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements, workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow.
- Designs new system enhancements by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Create training materials and documentations for internal claims system
- Perform a thorough gap analysis of existing to potential functionality for the claim processing systems
- Regularly meet with business users to have a better understanding of the operations
- Perform analysis and identify gaps in functionality for system integrations
- Securing sign-off on requirements documentation to manage project scope
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Assist in quality assurance of new software or enhancements to existing software as needed
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to ZELIS standards regarding privacy.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related
- 7+ years of experience as a Business/product analyst creating/maintaining software
- The ability to learn a new business and translate these needs into new products, and perform high-level troubleshooting functionality
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and business process development skills
- Experience in product development life cycle
- Experience with writing business requirements, functional specifications, and/or quality assurance testing
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies including experience working in waterfall and agile environments.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio
- Workflow diagram creation
- Wireframe creation
- Desired skills include formal training/certifications in Business/System analysis; familiarity with latest UI/UX design guidelines; knowledge/experience with Agile methodologies; prototyping experience
An attractive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits plans are available to attract outstanding candidates.
Thank you for your interest in the Zelis team!