To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Worcester, MA
- Bobbie Roy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Primetals Technologies USA LLC • Worcester, MA
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation,manufacturing, project management and service is hiring for the following
Exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Designer interested in development and growth within a dynamic professional team of Long Rolling Engineering. This position will provide exposure to all aspects of the LR equipment portfolio working across equipment types and teams. The selected individual will have the opportunity to interact with all aspects of the LR business from
technical proposal, various engineering disciplines, manufacturing, supply chain, etc. in support of the global project business.
The Mechanical Designer will work on a variety of tasks from simple design/drawing changes to supporting senior engineers with concept design iterations. The resulting design work produced through CAD drawings for rolling mill equipment manufacturing. Our equipment is often an
integrated system, controlled electrically and with fluid power and is make up of components developed throughout the steps of the manufacturing process, including but not limited to welding, bending, forming, casting and machining of ferrous metals parts.
- Work in support of project scheduled and requirements as directed by engineering management
- Support equipment design work and assistance as required
- Interact with mechanical, civil, fluids, electrical and automation engineers and manufacturing technology throughout the design and manufacturing process
- Collaborate in small groups to meet project requirements
- Work on multiple projects of varying complexity and duration as required
- Other reasonable technical duties as assigned ie: technical documentation, training materials etc.
Required Knowledge/skills, Education and Experience:
- Mechanical design certification, engineering degree, or equivalent demonstrated work experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in the area of mechanical machines/system design.
- Ability to read, interpret, and create clear and concise mechanical drawings of components and assemblies.
- Specify and utilize external OEM components within designs of machines
- Understanding of various manufacturing processes such as welding, casting, milling, turning, boring, bending and forming, grinding, etc.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D or similar system (provide work examples).
- Proficiency with Solidworks 3D or similar system (provide work examples),
- Understanding of machine electrical and fluids requirements as related to the overall design and process.
- Understanding of ANSI, ASTM and ISO design standards.
- Working knowledge of excel is required, use and understanding of VBA tools a plus.
- Working knowledge equipment operational timing diagrams a plus.
Primetals offers competitive pay and benefits effective on your first day of employment, including health, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and paid time off.