To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Encinitas, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Early Childhood Educator, Home Visitor
Easterseals Southern California • Encinitas, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Here are just five reasons to join the Easterseals Child Development Centers team:
ü Early Childhood Education is a growing field
ü You will support the personal, academic and social development of a child
ü You will stand as a role model to young children
ü No day on the job is ever the same
ü You have a passion for early education
- Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate and inclusive educational
curriculum for young children, in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards,
policies and procedures and Easter Seals Southern California (ESSC) standards of
conduct. Conduct weekly 90 minute home visits to young children and their families.
- Carry out “curriculum” for child development in the context to the home and during
group “socialization” experiences. Provide education and support services to families;
Conduct screening and ongoing assessment of young children’s development.
- Collaborate with families to establish family development goals, and document this
collaborative process in family partnership agreements. Promote parental involvement
in curriculum planning, program governance, and the overall Early Head Start Program.
Actively participate in socializations, parent meetings, in service training, program
meetings and team meetings. Act as a liaison and advocate between community
resources and Head Start families.
- Complete documentation of home visits, socialization experiences, and other relevant
activities. Provide management, crisis intervention, and resource referral services.
Maintain confidentiality of family records and information.
- Possession of a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit or higher in compliance with Title 5 or 24 units ECE/CD including core courses (Child Growth &Development, Child/Family/Community, Infant/Toddler and Programs/curriculum) preferred.
- AA Degree or higher in early childhood development, child development or special education preferred.
- Ability to properly interpret and implement regulations, policies and procedures of the Head Start performance standards, and the policies and procedures of Easter Seals Southern California, Inc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups. Must relate well to children and their families and maintain positive affect.
- Exercise sound judgment, plan, establish and meet timelines. Possession of pediatric (infant/toddler) CPR and first aid certificate.
- Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to lift 40 lbs. continuously. Ability to reach, bend, stoop squat. Also possess fine manual dexterity, can push, pull, talk/hear, with near and far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision.
- Training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with very young children; must develop knowledge of infant and toddler development, safety issues in infant and toddler child care settings (i.e., reducing the risk of SIDS).
- Pass FBI, Department of Justice and criminal background check.
- Present a clear TB test.
- Pass a pre-employment physical.