To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7500 Geoint Dr
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Vencore • Springfield, VA
Posted 11 days ago
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the missions of its customer. This program is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of NGA’s highest priorities, including the Human Development (HD) Directorate’s Enterprise Transition into new Human Capital systems and services. All HD information technology requirements will be collected, analyzed, and validated as new IT requests and special projects are required. The Systems Engineer provides mission/business solutions engineering & integration, business process re-engineering, testing, risk and opportunity assessments to support the deployment and implementation of these services into an operational environment. The Systems Engineer is an independent self-starter that engages with HD offices to analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. As an integral member of the HD Team, the Systems Engineer serves as the liaison between process owners and developers for analysis of business needs. The Systems Engineer partners with project teams on technology solutions, providing process expertise, integration testing, data analytics (metrics) and documentation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver, coordinate, and validate engineering procedures and solutions for Human Capital Systems by leveraging repeatable processes that will reduce risks and costs to all technical baselines across the community via the configuration management process on a government directed schedule
- Deliver engineering artifacts (workflows, CONOPS, templates, operating procedures and policies) to design, implement, and communicate new requirements necessary to align new and existing business processes across HD.
- Develop detailed test plans, test reports and lead all test activities to support the enterprise operational architecture.
- Manage and facilitate governance boards by providing engineering expertise, requirements analysis, and secretariat support for all Human Capital projects at government direction.
- Develop and maintain online communications, exchange mechanisms, change management and process improvements to deliver human capital systems business processes, technical requirements, and user stories in an agile environment.
- Leverage new and emerging technologies using agile methodologies to mature features and capabilities
- Plan/Execute system capabilities, maintain the configuration management baseline, and manage all governance and integration test activities
- Collaborate with enterprise management to define “Big Data” requirements in order to develop and test the Corporate Analytic Visualization Environment.
- Enforce standards and security policies to ensure compliance with technology insertion.
- Apply SE processes: systems planning/implementation; requirements and gap analysis; interface definition; implementation planning; risk; test readiness; and system transitionServes as the subject matter expert to the software developer in establishing agile milestone events, i.e., user acceptance test activities.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with SSBI current within 5 years
- BS in Engineering, CS, Info Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical degree
- 11+ years’ experience in systems engineering, systems integration, process engineering, information technology or related technical field
- Relevant SE&I (INCOSE), ITIL, Agile (SAFe) cert; cloud methodologies knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in Business Process Re-engineering & designing workflows
- Experience in system integration of enterprise wide corporate applications
- Demonstrated ability/experience identifying/solving problems reviewing related info to develop/evaluate options & implement solutions with supervision / direction / coaching
- Strong customer service teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional team
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to conduct technical forums
- Working knowledge of the NGA/NSG enterprise organization, leadership, programs, & systems
- MS in Engineering, CS, Info Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Experience as NGA/NSG enterprise or Mission Partner systems engineer and/or integrator
- Systems Analysis Experience - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes