Substitute School Nurse for Parkway School District
We have several Substitute School Nurse openings for Parkway School District, offering a flexible schedule (no nights or weekends) and the reward of contributing to your local community! Ideal candidates will possess: the ability to adhere to policies and procedures, adapt to a variety of circumstances, and exercise an extreme amount of compassion and patience. Positions pay $18.50 per hour, additional benefits available.
Provides health care services to students. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in medical examinations and reviews findings to evaluate health status of pupils and progress of program.
- Cooperates with school personnel in identifying and meeting social, emotional, and physical needs of school children.
- Administers immunizations, provides first-aid, and maintains health records of students.
- Counsels students in good health habits.
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe, learning environment by promoting OSHA Standards relevant to bio-hazardous materials, hepatitis, and first aid-CPR training.
- Monitors and follows all aspects of dispensing medication (prescription or over-the-counter) to students at school, according to school protocol and policies and procedures to include proper provider authorization, parental request, proper administration, and timely documentation.
- Verifies the identity of each student and dosage instructions with office administration before medicine (prescription or over-the-counter) is dispensed to a student.
- Collaborates with school office staff, principal, and/or parents regarding students identified for exclusion due to medical reasons.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (B.S.N.) from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Qualifications include one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must meet all current and applicable local, state, and federal licensing requirements to Registered Nursing or Licensed Practical Nursing and any certifications based on customer requirements.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: US363PCR_19539438
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Since 1997, Kelly Educational Staffing® (a specialty service of Kelly Services®) has been providing workforce solutions to meet the challenges of thousands of schools across the United States. In fact, Kelly Educational Staffing is the largest employer of substitute teachers nationwide.
View the full profile
In 2009 alone, 20,000 classrooms per week were filled by a Kelly Educational Staffing employee. We're known for providing qualified substitute teachers as well as solutions that help school districts and job seekers alike.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.