Substitute School Nurse for Parkway School District
We have several Substitute School Nurse openings for Parkway School District, offering a flexible schedule (no nights or weekends) and the reward of contributing to your local community! Ideal candidates will possess: the ability to adhere to policies and procedures, adapt to a variety of circumstances, and exercise an extreme amount of compassion and patience. Positions pay $18.50 per hour, additional benefits available.
Provides health care services to students. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in medical examinations and reviews findings to evaluate health status of pupils and progress of program.
- Cooperates with school personnel in identifying and meeting social, emotional, and physical needs of school children.
- Administers immunizations, provides first-aid, and maintains health records of students.
- Counsels students in good health habits.
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe, learning environment by promoting OSHA Standards relevant to bio-hazardous materials, hepatitis, and first aid-CPR training.
- Monitors and follows all aspects of dispensing medication (prescription or over-the-counter) to students at school, according to school protocol and policies and procedures to include proper provider authorization, parental request, proper administration, and timely documentation.
- Verifies the identity of each student and dosage instructions with office administration before medicine (prescription or over-the-counter) is dispensed to a student.
- Collaborates with school office staff, principal, and/or parents regarding students identified for exclusion due to medical reasons.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (B.S.N.) from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Qualifications include one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must meet all current and applicable local, state, and federal licensing requirements to Registered Nursing or Licensed Practical Nursing and any certifications based on customer requirements.