To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Unisys Corporation • Washington, DC
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Programmers interested in joining our team in the Washington, DC metro area and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will plan, conduct, and coordinate major programming applications of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the application. You will provides technical advice and consultation on complex programming applications. You will organize and direct the execution of broad programming projects and provide analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of multiple, inter-linked programs. You will recommend and develop programming and documentation standards. You will apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. You will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under general direction, responsible for systems programming functions dealing with the overall operating system or complex subsystems of the operating system.
- Develops specifications for systems programming activities. Develops and modifies software programs for the operating system. Develops logic for and encodes, tests, modifies and debugs software packages to suit the operating environment.
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements systems related modifications.
- Installs and maintains software products on the computer system. Analyzes and fixes problems associated with the software packages and forwards them to appropriate vendors for problem resolution.
- Monitors systems and corrects any errors or inconsistencies.
- Provides technical advice and consultation on complex programming applications.
- Organizes and directs the execution of broad programming projects.
- Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of multiple, inter-linked programs.
- Recommends and develops programming and documentation standards.
- Prepares cost analysis and justification for programming projects.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members including task and work product deliverables.
- Produces internal white papers or articles and advises management on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- May conduct client-facing briefings, (e.g., executive summaries, project findings, sales presentations, etc.).
- Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program sharepoints and/or communities of practice.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Minimum ability to obtain public trust clearance, Secret or higher clearance a plus
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Relevant certifications are a plus
Considered expert in field
Ability to work under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives
Expert level knowledge and experience with software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, testing, deployment, configuration management, and software sustainment
Ability to analyze end users’ needs and design, translate them into technical specifications, construct, deploy and maintain engineering and/or scientific applicationsAbout Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.