To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Quantitative Financial Analyst
Flagstar Bank • Troy, MI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleSr Quantitative Financial Analyst
Job SummaryThe Quantitative Financial Analyst is a key member of the Treasury team, advancing Flagstar’s understanding of its customers, balance sheet, and risk exposures. The Analyst uses advances quantitative and technical skills to produce insightful reporting, analysis, and recommendations that enables sound and profitable risk management and strategic decisions. The Analyst may have assignments related to interest rate risk measurement and management, liquidity risk measurement and management, capital management, asset valuation, asset profitability analysis, and fixed income investment portfolio management.
Development and maintenance of financial models used in risk measurement, income simulations, balance sheet management, or asset valuations.
Analysis of model output, synthesis of information, and communication of conclusions and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to senior managers, executives, and the Board.
Testing of established models, including back-testing, benchmarking, sensitivity testing, and scenario analysis.
Develop automated solutions to simplify challenging and repetitive processes.
Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering required.
MA / MS preferred. An advanced degree can substitute for experience.
- 0-4 years Financial Analyst experience.
- Proven experience with object oriented programming languages (C#, Java, C++ or similar) preferred.
- Meaningful experience with relational database programming (SQL) preferred.
- Solid understanding of financial math, statistics and quantitative methods.
- Understanding of a bank’s balance sheet and fixed income instruments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, handle multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
Internal Use Only: Job band H