To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Simi Valley, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Quality Engineering Manager
MEGGITT • Simi Valley, CA
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Quality Engineering Manager (QEM) will lead the quality engineering group, and will report to the Director of Quality Assurance. Working closely with other functions in support of operations, the successful candidate will engage on both tactical and strategic level, focusing on quality, cost and schedule. The QEM will be the prime quality interface with customers, Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), responsible for guidance, leadership and support on all matters pertaining to Quality Assurance.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Leads Quality Engineering team and Inspection workforce supporting Production.
- Maintains conformance with AS9100, National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (NADCAP), Department of Transportation (DOT), Nuclear, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Customer System requirements.
- Reports to Corporate on Quality Metrics relative to Site Goal Targets.
- Ensures effective root cause analysis and closed loop corrective actions at a systematic level.
- Reviews customer Statements of Work (SOW) and contracts to provide feedback on execution and quality requirements’ tailoring. Oversees the authoring of Quality Assurance Plans and First Article Inspection (FAI) plans.
- Participates in product planning, contribute directly to design, procurement, manufacturing, and test decisions, impose quality controls and improvements on design, test, and manufacturing.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external customers to ensure quality requirement alignment, proper flow-down through the organization and compliance to customers’ requirements.
- Responsible for QA organization personnel management functions including performance appraisals, setting goals and monitoring performance, and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Provides a monthly assessment of customer scorecard health based on metrics, trends and recent events with recommendations for corrective, preventive actions and/or improvements. Ensures green customer scorecards.
Education : Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline.
Years Experience : 10+ years’ experience in a quality engineering management serving on programs, or having served on a program leadership team staff in a technical discipline.
- Experience with Quality systems, ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102 etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Root Cause Corrective Action, containment and analysis process and tools.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively persuade and influence through positive communication with stakeholders, team members, suppliers, management.
- Familiar with technical procedures, standards and engineering related documents.
- Strong background in configuration management.
- Strong background in six sigma tools and methodologies (i.e. lean, Kaizen, Design of Experiments (DOE), Measurement System Analysis(MSA), Failure Mode Effects Analysis(FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) etc).
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].