To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bellingham, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Center For Diagnostic Imaging • Bellingham, WA
Posted 2 days ago
Due to increased patient volume, we have expanded the hours of our 9 Puget Sound area imaging centers, resulting in a need for an MRI Technologist. As an MRI Technologist, you will operate a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanner to produce images of the patient's body for diagnostic purposes. Taking a patient centered approach, you will provide leadership and technical support to MRI services, assuring that services are provided within professional standards and with excellent customer service. Each patient comes to our centers looking for answers. You will guide patients through this sometimes difficult process by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process. You'll also remain self-motivated to increase your level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve. This is a PT position, working every other Saturday from 8am-1pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience
(80%) Patient Imaging
- Performs routine and advanced MRI procedures on designated portions of the body for use by physicians in the diagnosing and treating of patient illness and/or injury with minimal amount of supervision or repeats
- Screens patient before exam for any precautions or contraindications pertaining to the examination
- Prepares patients for MRI procedures that will be performed, explaining the procedure and positioning patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately scanned
- Adjusts scan parameters correctly and as needed
- Maintains positive attitude and working relationships with radiologists, referring offices and other associates and peers
- Converses with doctors, nurses, patients and family members as required
- Follows physicians' orders precisely and conforms to safety regulations to protect themselves, patients, and coworkers
- Maintains accurate patient records within Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Maintains an orderly and clean work area promoting good safety habits for patients and co-workers
- Maintains ACR toolkit and accreditation requirements
(15%) Department Support
- Maintains equipment in good working order; cleans and disinfects equipment after each use
- Assists with maintaining an updated MRI protocol manual and software upgrades
- Monitors medical supply inventory
- Assists with training of new associates, providing resource and technical expertise
(5%) Performs other duties as assigned
- ARRT registered technologist, current and in good standing
- ARRT advanced MR certification
- Graduate of the American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiography
- Licensed Radiological Technologist in the appropriate state, if applicable
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Training and experience sufficient to competently perform MR and/or radiographic procedures independently
Be a part of something bigger -- join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. CDI is a national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community's needs.
CDI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.