To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lorton, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CFS Grate Specialist (based at Fairfax EfW facility)
Covanta • Lorton, VA
Posted 25 days ago
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
- Provide onsite leadership with job planning: scope definition, work sequence,personnel assignment and communication between shifts. Assure employees are assigned properly and that work progress is as expected.
- CFS Grate Specialist will monitor the outage scopes, grate replacements and other as found work that are common to the outages.
- CFS Grate Specialist is responsible to provide good sound judgment on reducing cost and work duration to facilities and maintain good facility relationships and clear expectations for performance and to assist in continuous improvement of outages.
- Assure compliance to the Covanta Energy Tech standards for grate replacements.
- Work closely with the CFS Manager and meet regularly to discuss outage issues and job planning.
- Grate Specialist will maintain daily communication with the facilities and work collaboratively with the repair crews in executing the repairs.
- Specialists will maintain work history records in AWARE program
Minimum 10 years’ experience in industrial boiler grate construction, maintenance and repairs.
- Prior supervisory or lead responsibility regarding job set up, labor management and progressing work to owner/ client.
- A high school diploma or equivalent, and the ability to read and understand instructions, training, safety, health related materials and work rules are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills both to represent the company to external parties as well as work with many and diverse interested parties within the company.
- Good oral and written communications skill is required
- Have good computer skills primarily with Microsoft Office products. Specific experience using MS Projects planning program
- Able to read and understand blueprints/ design drawings/ shop fabrication drawings.
- Knowledge/ experience of Lean Six Sigma is a plus.