To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Enterprise Architect
Unisys Corporation • Washington, DC
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Enterprise Architect to join our team in Washington, DC, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will serve as the lead contractor working with stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization’s strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. Align IT strategy and planning with the organization’s business goals. Optimize information management through an understanding of evolving business and technology capabilities. Promote shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and mission and IT strategies. Work with solution architects to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable, and in synchronization with evolving mission needs. Assist with risk management of information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies. Assist in development of policies, standards, and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of information technology within the enterprise.
- Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities
- Fills a senior architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
- Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
- Leads or supports delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery.
- Leads or supports delivery of Unisys Area of Strength portfolio strategy presentations to clients including features, implementation approach, technical requirements, impacts, and benefits.
- Assumes a leadership position on and uses understanding of Unisys Portfolio Resources for new business opportunities. Performs responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management, solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
- Provides technical oversight for or develops technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
- Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to lead or support the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
- Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
- Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
- May refine and optimizeinfrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
- Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
- Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
- Coordinates architect resources on all sized projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
- Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
- Service Delivery Responsibilities
- Fills an architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
- Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
- Interfaces to all levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
- Acts as a key contact for medium to large client portfolio solution implementations including oversight of multiple engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
- Promotes the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
- May develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
- Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
- Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solutiontechnology components and the successful implementation ofthe full solution. May include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
- Provides input on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
- Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information
- May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors
- People Management
- May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
- Master's Degree and a minimum 10 years of relevant IT implementation experience or equivalent experience & education
- Significant exposure to clients across a variety of technologies, industries and domains
- Has an in-depth understanding of all Unisys portfolio solutions within the assigned Area of Strength and is able to present solution strategy to clients at all levels.
- Has subject-matter expert level understanding of at least two Unisys portfolio solutions within the DCTO, AMOS, EUOSS or Security Areas of Strength including supporting products, methods, processes and solution integration to client environment.
- Fully understands and consistently uses the portfolio solution materials located in the Portfolio Center including guides, blueprints, work breakdown structures, sales and delivery methods, estimation tools, and proposal template material.
- Experience in at least two of the following specific technology areas: Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Networks, Security, Desktop Technology, Virtualization (Server, Desktop, and Application), Infrastructure and Device Monitoring, Mobility Solutions and Application Platforms / Application Integration.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
- Advanced proficiency in the Unisys Services and Solutions Delivery Framework (SDF) and highly knowledgeable in process frameworks such as CMMI.
- In-depth experience with Infrastructure and technology-related areas of the Unisys Solution
- Knowledge on applicable industry standards and frameworks such as ITIL, CoBIT, ISO, TOGAF and FEAF
- Understands datacenter operations and infrastructure implementation methodologies
- Implementation and presales experience in two or more related project roles such as system analyst, implementer, integrator, test analyst, system administrator, tool specialist, team leader and/or architect
- Knowledgeable on project management concepts including project scheduling, risk management, estimation (infrastructure estimation / IT Service Management estimation), Work Breakdown Structures, requirements management / traceability, Change Management, etc.
- Completion of the Architect L&D Guide Infrastructure Architect “Proficient” level learning path
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.