To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Cambridge, MD 21613
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
University of Maryland Medical System • Cambridge, MD
Posted 16 hours ago
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Room
Part-Time – Evening Shift
We are looking for Emergency Room Registered Nurses to join our extraordinary nursing team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet® designated Medical Center
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a student loan repayment program*
*restrictions applyPosition Details
- Part-time Evening Rotate, 20 hours per week
- Rotates 11p-1a, plus 2 out of 4 weekends
- Systematically and continually collects data regarding the health status of the client. The data is recorded, accessible and communicated to appropriate members of the Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team utilizing system policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates a comprehensive individualized plan of care for the client, significant other and healthcare provider to obtain expected outcomes partnering with the patient and family to identify and prioritize needs and care.
- Implements the plan of care in accordance with established policies, and procedures in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Determines both the client’s progress towards the attainment of expected outcomes and the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to organize, prioritize, and deliver age specific care in a safe and appropriate environment.
- Demonstrates ability in planning, delegation, and coordination of work group activities essential for the provision of quality nursing care.
- Seeks and supports opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Offers support and feedback to peers and staff. Applies principles of caring and healing in interactions with patients and families and with colleagues.
- Performs Charge Nurse Responsibilities supervising nursing and non-nursing personnel in the provision of patient care.
- Serves as coach and mentor for less experienced colleagues.
- Offers consistent and visible support to team members.
- Professional standards and current research/evidence-based practice drive decision-making.
- Supports Shared Leadership and encourages staff participation on unit-based teams.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner, demonstrating respect for patients, families/significant others and other health team members.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the CARE Manual.
- Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red (in the immediate area), Code Pink (when called), Code Yellow (when called), Code Yellow (when called), Code Green (when called), Code Blue (when called).
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To be immediately considered for nursing positions with UM Shore Regional Health please contact Luis Contessa at email@example.com with an updated resume
What You Need to Be Successful:
- BSN preferred
- 3+ years Emergency Department Nursing (RN) experience required
- ACLS, BLS, PALs, Neonatal Rescuscitation
- Must have Maryland Board of Nursing RN license, or Compact State license
- Must meet all applicable state and local professional requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.